Well another week is in the books. Here are my rankings.
New this week
1. Kyle Busch (98) (Last Week: 1st)
His win streak had to end.
2. Jimmie Johnson (91)(Last Week: 5th)
Couldnt decide if I should give this spot to Carl or not, but Jimmie got the win and Carl didnt.
3 Carl Edwards (90) (Last Week: 3rd)
Two runner up finishes in the last 3 races.
4. Matt Kenseth (88) (Last Week: 2nd)
A lot of the guys I was hoping to put up here finished poorly, but Matt has had the best 5 races out of those guys so he gets the 4th spot.
5. Jeff Gordon (87)(Last Week: 9th)
His last 5 finishes are 5th,11th ,30th,11th and 3rd. So all good finishes except the 30th.
6. Kasey Kahne (85) (Last Week: 16th)
Two top 10s in the last 3 races.
7. Dale Earnhardt Jr. (85)(Last Week: 6th)
Jr has been the most consistant driver recently. He has finished between 8th and 24th in the last 5 races.
8. Greg Biffle (83) (Last Week: 15th)
Back-to-back top 10s has moved him to 7th in the standings.
9. Brian Vickers(82) (Last Week: 4th)
He had a great run, but I doubt he can make the chase now after that 42nd.
10. Denny Hamlin (80) (Last Week: 18th)
Denny has been finishing all over the place lately, but this week he got 3rd and now we move onto Pocono, where Denny always runs well.
11. Jeff Burton (80) (Last Week: 14th)
Jeff got his first top 10 since Pocono.
12. Martin Truex Jr. (79) (Last Week: 8th)
Two top 10s in the last 4 races, but still 17th in the standings.
13. Elliott Sadler (78) (Last Week: 17th)
Elliot has been getting better and better as the season has moved along. Its only a matter of time before he wins a race.
14. David Ragan (78) (Last Week: 13th)
Davids last 3 finishes has been 14th, 8th and 5th.
15 Tony Stewart (77) (Last Week: 7th)
I know I droped Tony a long way, but he hasnt been racing at his best. Only two top 5s and three top 10s since the all star race. I excpect a lot more ouf of Tony.
16 Clint Bowyer (77) (Last Week: 11th)
Clints worse finish in the last 5 races was 22nd better then a whole lot of other guys.
17. Kevin Harvick (75) (Last Week: 10th)
He had a decent run going with a 15th,12th, and 3rd place finishes but this weeks 37th droped him out of the top 12. The good news is that he is only out by 2 points.
18. Ryan Newman (75) (Last Week: 19th)
Finished 15th or better in 4 of the last 5 races.
19. Bobby Labonte (73) (Last Week: Just Missed)
) Most of his finishes this season has been between 10th and 20th. That is true four of the last five races.
20. Kurt Busch (71)(Last Week: 12th)
Since his win at New Hampsire he has finished 4th, 28th and 40th.
A.J. Allmendinger ( for his 10th place finish)